The ASRT is seeking members to serve on the ASRT Regional Advocacy Subcommittees. Regional subcommittee terms will begin July 1, 2014, and end June 30, 2015. Serving as a member of this subcommittee requires active participation in ASRT advocacy initiatives.
Members of the ASRT Regional Advocacy Subcommittees are appointed by the ASRT Committee on R.T. Advocacy as representatives of the nine geographical regions recognized by the ASRT Government Relations and Public Policy Department.
The primary responsibilities are to assist the Committee on R.T. Advocacy with state and national legislative issues in the region, provide advocacy support for affiliates in the region and gather and disseminate information to and from the affiliates in the region and the Committee on R.T. Advocacy.
Skills needed to be successful on this subcommittee include:
- Ability to communicate well with others and be passionate about the radiologic science profession.
- Willingness to promote the radiologic profession and patient safety, and encourage others to do the same.
- Prior knowledge of legislative or regulatory process is helpful, but not required. Tutorials are available to teach advocacy skills to new members.
If you are interested, please make sure you review the selection criteria:
- Must be an ASRT member.
- Submit a completed ASRT volunteer form for consideration.
- Must be a resident of a state in the region.
- Must be a member of an ASRT affiliate society.
Those interested in serving on this subcommittee need to submit an online volunteer form by April 15, 2014. For more information, please contact Syd Sanders, ASRT grass-roots coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-444-2778, Ext. 1322.